Monday, November 29, 2010

The Tree is Decorated

One day last week I blogged about having purchased a 4.5 ft tree. It is sitting on a small table in our living room in front of the window. My daughter and I have finally decorated it. The great thing about this tree is that I will wrap it up with a sheet and put it in the building until next year. Then, I will unwrap it and, tah-dah, the tree is already decorated. :)



I bought this tree and a few dozen oraments. I haven't gotten out any of my old decorations, except the candy canes we made last year. The problem was we needed an angel or a star, or something to go on the top. I didn't want to pull out my boxes of Christmas things just for a star. So, we improvised. My daughter had an old Barbie she didn't play with any more. We removed her legs. Put a nice dress on her and used a rubber band around her waist to hold her body to the top of the tree. It's a pretty nice touch. I asked my daughter to come up with something for the top of the tree and this is what she came up with.


You can't tell in the picture, but Barbie looks like she is sitting on the top of the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant - Barbie never looked so good! Very pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And I love the fact that you reused and recycled Barbie instead of getting rid or her. And it is a nice tree! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete